what i mean when i say “i can’t do that” - the depression edition
- i am unable to do that
- i don’t have the energy to do that
- i cannot wrap my head around what you’re asking me to do
- there is too much in my head right now
- i can not do that
what people hear:
- i am unwilling to do that
- i am being stubborn for no reason
- i am being dramatic
- i am lazy
- i need you to repeat that only louder
- i need a push
- i don’t want to do that
If you’re battling an eating disorder right now, I just want to say,
you fight, warrior.
way to go.
this is probably the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do. You are beating an illness that tells you to do the opposite of what you need for survival. DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW AMAZING THAT IS? THAT’S LIKE GOING AGAINST A DISEASE THAT DOESN’T LET YOU BREATHE.
in short, you are one badass motherfucker.
that is all.
Rape is one of the most terrible crimes on earth. And it happens every few minutes. The problem with groups who deal with rape is that they try to educate women about how to defend themselves. What really needs to be done is teaching men not to rape. Go to the source and start there.